Wednesday, January 27, 2016

The Ones Who Matter

When you have the same people in your life that are almost expected to be there, they become the norm. But, what if one day that specific person was not in your life anymore for whatever reason? The important people that exist in your life almost become taken for granted. Just simply because you always expect them to be there and you are just so used to having them there for you every single day. Now, the people that I am talking about are the people who seem to be in your life no matter what. These are people can consist of your mother, father, brother, sister, friend, boyfriend, girlfriend. And the list can go on and on. Basically anyone that you are used to having in your life. And most people don't even realize that they do in fact, take these people for granted. It is not because you are a bad person or are selfish. You just don't take the time to think about it. When you dig past the surface meaning, you can uncover a whole lot that may have never even crossed your mind before. 

I can give you a perfect example of this in my life. I actually went through this thought process not too long ago. I always try to see the deeper more meaningful sides of people and situations, especially with the people in my life. I am going to use my girlfriend for an example. Mainly because she the person who has made one of the biggest impacts in my life. But first, lets back up and talk about how we might look at significant others in our lives without deeper meaning. When you have the someone special someone in your life, why are they in your life? Because you like them? Because you love them? Because they make you happy? When you look at the whole dating process just on its surface we can see that you obviously like each other and that they are different from everyone else in your life, that is why they are called significant. But, what do they actually do for you every single day? When you dig deeper, you can see that they are more than just the person you like or love. They become this whole system of support and unconditional love; and what they do for you can really and truly be amazing. 

My girlfriend has been in my life for 5 years now. Even though we did not spend all of those 5 years dating, I can look back at all that time and see that I would not be the same person I am today if she was not a part of my life. I will never be able to thank her enough for the the things she does for me. But, one could argue that these things are the expected out of a partner, and I can agree with that. The ideal partner has these expectations. But, when I really thought about how my life would be different without her by my side, I realized what a different having someone like that makes. 

Having a partner means having a support system behind you. They are like that emergency portable phone charger that you pull out when your phone is on 1%. Now, that might seem like a silly metaphor but when you think about it, it is true. They are that extra push you get when you feel like you can't go anymore. They are always there for you and they never give up on you. They are strong when you can't be and vice versa. The two people begin to count on each other so much for emotional and physical support. I know if I asked my girlfriend for a favor she would drop everything to help me out. They become this person that gives you so much and gives you something that you will never get from anyone else. They almost become an extra life for you, because of all the things they add to your it And, sometimes we do take that for granted just because thats what we are used to when it comes to having a partner. Its always been like that and it will always be like that. Its the norm. When they are no longer in your life anymore is when you really do realize how much they changed you for the better. 

I will never take my girlfriend for granted, and I tell her that, I make sure she knows that. I acknowledge all of the great things she does for me because I know my life would not be the same without her. Plus, it is always nice to know you make a difference in someone else's life as well. You feel worth something more than just the ordinary. And to that person, you are that extraordinary. It is important to know exactly what you have in your life, and to be grateful for every minute of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment