Sunday, February 7, 2016

My Religion is Football

I have been a religious follower of the NFL for years now. Ive always had my favorite team. But it wasn't until I got a little older that I started following every game and learned the rules and basically let it consume my life. I was actually torn between what to write this blog on. It originally was going to be a Super Bowl review but its actually turning out to be about my love for football. 

I was raised a Green Bay Packers fan so that is my team of choice. I will bleed green and yellow until I die. I guess you can say I am kind of a hardcore fan. But not only that, I am a hardcore fan of the NFL in general. During football season I follow that sport like it is my religion. I watch every single game, keep track of teams and players and of course join in on the fantasy action. Nothing beats sitting on the couch for 7 hours watching football on Sunday's. 

I have found a love for the game not only because it is fun to watch, but also because when you think about it, there is more to the games than men running around and colliding into each other. A good football team has a brain behind all of their plays. These plays have to be carefully thought out and specialized for each opponent. The teams with the best brains are the ones who are successful. Having a vast knowledge of the game allows ease when it comes to play calling and even how to pick guys during the draft every year. I one day hope that I will be smart enough to think beyond what we see on the TV between September and February. 

I am extremely sad that football season came to an end today. I will be waiting eagerly for the next season to start back up in September. 

No comments:

Post a Comment