Thursday, February 4, 2016

Peer Edits Are Fun

This week of peer edits have been pretty productive in my opinion. I have done peer edits in the past in high school but I feel like no one took them seriously and my paper didn't get much better because of that. However, I really liked the way this class did peer edits. The file exchange thing was really efficient and allowed us to easily read someone else's paper and then leave comments. Using the questions from the text book also really helped me in the process of my revisions. It basically gave us guidelines of what we needed in the essay, and well, if you couldn't find what the book told you to, you were on the wrong page. But that allowed me to fix things early on. I feel good about this revisions that I made. I think I have a pretty strong paper and I am not stressing out about it like I have in the past with other papers. This gave me a checklist/checkpoints to reach to keep me on task and I really liked that. I enjoyed reading other people's papers as well. It gave us a feel for what they should look like and it helped me better understand the paper itself when I was grading someone else. Overall these peer reviews helped me tremendously while writing my paper. This was a great thing to do and would love to do this with every paper I write. 

No comments:

Post a Comment