Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Synthesis Essay Review


The overall experience I had with the synthesis essay was pretty good. It was a little interesting in the beginning due to the confusion I had because I have never written an essay like this before. But we looked at multiple examples in class that helped me understand exactly how this essay was supposed to work. The essay itself was a pretty fun to write. I personally like writing about personal experiences so I enjoyed that a lot. Even the connection I made to the outside was interesting because I made it have something to do with my career. The research was fun because it was something I truly believed in. The hardest part about this was writing the very first draft. But, that is also something I have struggled with in the past when it comes to writing. It takes me awhile to get my ideas out in a way that I think will make sense and sound like I know what I am doing. But, once that was all out and I was on the right page, the tweaking and revising of the essay was not a big deal at all. The peer reviews helped a lot and I found it helpful to use the questions in the book and read other classmate’s papers as well. It was very satisfying revising the essay. I felt like I was accomplishing things and getting better at writing. Which is something I did not feel at all about my writing in high school. I think I have learned a lot by writing and working on this essay and can’t wait to improve even more throughout the semester. Overall I think my essay turned out really well and I look forward to getting a grade back or maybe even getting some feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment